How to add feather on a shape?

hugh@creatorup.com

Hi

you should select the shape. you get red points around the shape. 
and than in the shape tab you change the outside,inside,width, Offset 

this are the control of the feather. You can also change the points mode to contacted tang and drag the insid or outside of the feather.  
hope it helps Yoav

image.jpg

Hi Hugh!

Adding on Yoav last message, there are different ways to create softness on shapes.

The main way is to go to the Shape tab and drag horizontally the Width, Offset, Inside and Outside buttons:

image.png.df759402f9fbf950007d51a8a0dcdc1e.png

However, you don't need to access these buttons to create softness. You can do it by dragging horizontally the shape selected with your middle button of the mouse:

- If you drag with the middle button it will do width softness.

- If you drag with the middle button while pressing Alt of the keyboard it will do Outside softness.

- If you drag with the middle button while pressing Control of the keyboard it will do Inside softness.

- If you drag with the middle button while pressing Shit of the keyboard it will do Offset softness.

Let me know if it works for you please ?

Cheers,
Cristóbal 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since this is a topic about shapes mabye someone can help me sort out the following question.

Is there a way to uberkey points from a shape when the shape is already animated with keyframes?
Like creating a offset for a point.

Right now when I track the shape and manually adjust points with keyframes I cannot do anything with the shape since it snaps back.
It would be really great if I could still adjust the width, offset and selected points with a uberkey. Mabye I am missing something?

Hi Jan Maarten,

Thanks a lot for reahing out!

I´m not sure about what do you mean "Uber key" but, I thing the tool that you need is the "Shift" or the Scale parameters while you are working in the Keyframe graph. How it works? Please, Go to the Keyframe graph, select the keyframes that you want affect. Use the "Shift" tool to make an offset to the keyframes. Also, you can use the Scale parameters inside the Keyframe Graph. I´ve attached a video to show you how it works. . Please, let me know if this is the tool that you referred.

Thank you! i only mean something else with the 'Uber key'

For instance, I have tracked this sticker an adjusted / animated the mask on top of the track. "screen 01"

Now I want to keep all this animated data (track and mask animation and on top of this I want to expand the outside of the mask. See "screen 2"

SCREEN 1 Tracked and animated mask

626213247_Screenshot2020-08-10at16_05_07.thumb.png.1fab7a6f13c8c7b790c8aacc3c93b575.png

SCREEN 2 Expanding the outside mask after other animated transformations. (this does not work and I snaps back when I turn of Autokey)

mask.jpg.4106ef2f275b840b52d87e9d1518bca4.jpg

I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Hi Jan!

Thank you very much, now I know what you mean.

I´m affraid but in this case, this autokey is referring to shape points and softness, so, the feather is part of these keyframes.

Tto do a feather you could add a blur to the shape or make again the animation.

I hope it´s useful!

Cheers!

Carlos

• Thanks 1

Hey Carlos,

Right now if the Auto key button is 'off' and there are already keyframes on the mask the mask snaps back to the original state.

Since key-framing is a extrapolation of the first (static) created mask, I would be great if the first state stays editable when the Autokey Function is "off".

This is a quite common workflow in other 'Post/Roto' software and would be a great addition to Mistika. #whislist ? 

Hi Jan!

The thing is in Mistika there are two auto keys. One related to the shape points and asoftness and the other related to position XY. You can modify the shape after doing the track by deactivating the Autokey.

But, if you have animated the points or the feather, the only way to modify the shape and keep this new form is adding keyframes, adding a blur or making again the animation.

Of course! I already included it in the feature request documentation.

Have I nice day!

Cheers!

Carlos

• Like 1