Tangent Wave 2 support?

Rakesh Malik

I haven't been able to get my Tangent Wave 2 to work with Mistika Boutique... is there a config step that I might have missed? I followed the instructions in the document I found, launching the Tangent application and adding Mistika there. The app seems to be detecting Mistika, but the panel isn't connecting. It connects to Scratch without a hitch, so at least I know that the physical connections are good. 

Thans!

Double check all your settings in mConfig. What through me for a loop at first is that there are two checkboxes that have to be clicked to enable the panel (for Elements, Wave may be similar). One is 'enable USB surfaces' and the other one is the specific panel model. The UI is a bit confusing.

Hi Colin,

We've been writing this document to help with this kind of issues. Please, try to configure the tangent hub mapper software as described in the document. Also, check that you have already installed the latest tangent hub and Mistika Boutique's version available. Last but not least, check that you have activated in the Mconfig the Tangent panels like this:

image.png.31295ebf4ce1af2a57fdd5c1bb7a9508.png

If that's not working, please submit a ticket in the support portal and we'll sort out the problem as soon as possible. Maybe there's something in your system that it's interfering.

Hope it helped!

Cheers,
Cristóbal 

Hi Rakesh,

First of all, sorry for the delay. Last week were the national holidays. 

I'm afraid we are experiencing some issues with the Wave2 control panel. Fortunately, we found the solution and we will fix it as soon as possible. It will take time but for sure this week you'll be able to work with the panel with an accurate distribution of buttons.

Would you like to give us some feedback about the mapping of the wave2? 

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll sort this out really soon.

Cheers,

Cristóbal 

No problem! It will be great to be able to use it in Mistika soon, I should be getting a picture locked short film to work on later this week that I'm hoping to use as a way to learn Mistika, so it will be good timing.

Once I have some time to work with it, I'll certainly provide what feeback I can!

• 5 weeks later...