Rig with different cameras

maiko@haumaru.com

Hi overthere,

I have a project in an immersion room  (10 meters by 6 meters) for a museum in Tahiti, French Polynesia.

1) To be able to have a good resolution for the front wall, I wanted to have a 6K+ resolution camera like a panasonic S1H+16-35mm or the GH5+7-14mm with latest firmware. And for the other walls (left, right and ground), just have 3 x gopro8. I made some camera rigs (see attached files) 

2) The other idea was to make a rig with the qoocam 8K  underneath a real camera (S1H or GH5) and replace the Qoocam video part concerned by the real camera by the video outputted by this latest.

As I am very novice in Mistika before going further with this idea, would it be easy to create a preset in Mistika to take in account the different cameras setup in 1 or 2 ?

If I understand a bit this article, this could work https://support.sgo.es/support/solutions/articles/1000262051-what-if-my-camera-rig-model-does-not-appear-in-the-camera-presets-list-

but can any of you can confirm ?

Regards,

Fare-Natura-Immersive-Room.png

camrig-custom-1.jpg

camrig-custom-2.jpg

Hi!

Thanks a lot for reaching out!

Of course, it may works. You could make a rig with different cameras, but, to be sure, the best way would be to test first the different rigs.

Please, create a new ticket in: https://support.sgo.es/support/solutions

You could send us a synchronized frame of each camera we could create the preset for that resolution but please try to send a scene that matches with the next. First, try to obtain a suitable scene for the calibration:

To create a preset for that rig, please do the following:

- Nothing and nobody close to the camera, at least 3 meters
- A street with buildings and trees, squares, parking lots
- Large halls, like sports venues, with a structured ceiling, with a camera in the open
- Public garage with no cars or columns at less than 3 meters

If a calibration shot cannot be obtained, choose the shot most fitting the above.

Optional, especially convenient for cameras with little overlap: Ask for a static scene, and two shots, second with the rig rotated half its camera spacing: Means if they are 4 cameras at the horizon at 90 degrees, rotate the rig 45 degrees. This provides an apparent doubling of a number of cameras and produces better lens distortion detection.

Notice that if a camera allows setting the image ratio at different values, like GoPro that can record both 4:3 and 16:9, settings for both resolutions may be needed. Recording a larger image is always better but some customers used a 16:9 ratio apparently.
I look forward to your answer!

Cheers!
Carlos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...