License Expiry

rob.gordon

Wondering about this as well. Since the current version still has some bugs like the double-up Display filter and the ACES ODT node would be good to try a version with at least some of those bugs squashed. Also, I heard about some of the upcoming changes to the grade node... that got me exited.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rob.gordon said:

Hi there,

Does the beta test officially end soon as I am getting the license expiry notification in 5 days? Are we allowed to play with Boutique for longer?

Hi Rob

Many thanks for reaching out and using Mistika Boutique in the Open Beta period which is very much appreciated.

Indeed, the Open Beta period is for one month so it is normal to receive the license notification. As you might know, Mistika Boutique 8.8.0 has been officially released last week and the 30-Day Evaluation Version is available which is free of charge and includes all the features and toolsets, however, it is limited in terms of rendering -  allowing to render only to compressed formats: Mistika, AVI DV Movie, AVI movie, MXF VC3 movie and Quicktime movie.

If you want to keep testing the software this could be a good option :classic_smile:

Let me know if you have any other question!

Kind regards

Ok, time is up with the Open Beta. 

Thank you so much SGO for making this available to us. Boutique is a great piece of software and really enjoyed learning its philosophy and tools. Dint have time to go over all the features I wanted to explore, but I’am really considering for upcoming projects .

Gracias!

Abel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Aurora Films said:

Thank you so much SGO for making this available to us. Boutique is a great piece of software and really enjoyed learning its philosophy and tools. Dint have time to go over all the features I wanted to explore, but I’am really considering for upcoming projects .

Gracias!

Abel

Hi Abel

Many thanks for taking the time to test Mistika Boutique and we're glad you have enjoyed the ride so far. Your feedback has been essential and will help us to continue improving the software.

You're always welcome to keep testing features of Mistika Boutique by downloading the Eval Version! :classic_happy:

Please, do not hesitate to contact us anytime!

Kind regards.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Aurora Films said:

Gracias!

Abel

We cannot help but giving you our most sincere gratitude. You've been so helpful. 

Bear in mind that if you want to keep learning Mistika you only have to download the Evaluation Version, which has some limitations in the render, but you will still be able to fiddle with whatever you want inside Mistika Technology. 

Besides, let me ask you one question, Abel.  What do you consider is the main feature request that you need to be implemented in Mistika for you to use Boutique in your field production? ?

Looking forward to your answer.

Cheers,

Cristóbal 

• Like 1

Hey is was my pleasure.

Ha! You are putting me on the spot here ?. I guess I really need to use Boutique in a real project to see what I miss. 

My main field of work is VFX, so the first thing that comes to mind is Mistika’s integration in a VFX pipeline where the timeline need to be fed with a constant stream of VFX versions. I know that a customized pipeline can be built around the system taking advance of the fact that Mistika file management is text based, but I haven’t seen any related documentation or tutorial on this regard. Maybe I missed it, but things like shot naming, versioning and manual or automatic update of VFX shot is something that I would look forward to see.

Regarding compositing capabilities... Its pretty good. But my opinion may be bias here, since I use Nuke and other dedicated tools every day on really heavy VFX work. I see Mistika’s VFX options more as a tool set to address relatively simple tasks like retouching, rig removal and simple to medium complexity comp work. That being said, Its a really nice set of tools and I am sure in the right hands can be taken to really high levels.

I see Mistika mainly as a grading tool... in addition to conforming and finishing... so other areas I will be paying attention on upcoming releases are Color and Grade Management. 

Color Management.
Knowing what Lustre/Flame, Resolve and Baselight can do on this regard, I miss the possibility of setting certain rules for color space/gamma conversions as preparation for grading. It is definitely possible to do this in Mistika by layering the proper tools, but it could be more centralized at the clip/media browser/project settings level. This could also be expanded with the use of media metadata to automate at least some part of this process.

One other benefit I see in having a color management pipeline is that you could make some color tools aware of the incoming space and gamma and react accordingly to some adjustments. For example, saturation adjustments could be applied differently depending on what color space you have as input. Tonal ranges is also another thing that can be automatically adjusted by knowing what gamma is coming in.

Grade Management.
On the short time I got to try the Gang tools, I found  its approach to grade propagation may be a bit simplistic. It works as a nice way of copying grades and effects parameters, but its name could be a bit deceiving, specially knowing other software use “Gang” to describe synchronized adjustments. Maybe I’m just talking about the option to automatically Propagate the grade changes across the Gang group. The fact that grade clips can be stretched across multiple segments in the timeline already addresses what in other software needs to be done as a shared or sequence grade.

None of these points will really stop me from using Mistika... specially knowing that SGO is actively working on smoothing out the user experience and improving the existing toolset. Its open timeline and layer/effect scope paradigm its a really fun experience.

Anyway, thank you again the opportunity.

A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 7:41 AM, Aurora Films said:

Is the trial version also updated to 8.8.1? 

Any way of getting license extension for the Open Beta?

Indeed. If you download the eval version now, it will be updated to be 8.8.1. Just go to your SGO shop account  and download the last version. You don't need to create another account ?