Export Still Settings .dpx and other formats

JanMaarten

I have been searching if there is a super fast way to export a active frame.
And I found the saving a image from the 'Record Monitor' super nice and fast.

Very often I have to deliver a .jpeg screenshot or I need to import a .tiff into another program.

And it would be great if there was a way I could change the output of .dpx to another format.

Is this possible?

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 17.15.06.png

A simple screen dump of the grading would be so nice. 

Like in Fusion, while doing composting just by doing a right mouse click in the viewer, 'safe image'.  Super easy, super fast.
If something like that would be possible in Mistika it would make my working day shorter. ? 

204079341_Screenshot2020-08-25at16_33_03.thumb.png.69d8433d02ee1132bd0368481207c745.png

295498659_Screenshot2020-08-25at16_40_09.thumb.png.dcb9fd2af6fb09c9280c8d5a7eb44946.png

Edited by JanMaarten

Hi jan 

one other thing i can think of is

to set up the output for render tiff or what ever format is good for you

and hit in>out>render  when needed.

this would save a still of you timeline in to a specified folder of you choice.

and you can use hot keys  "i" "o" and render.

Hope it helps 

Yoav

• Like 1

Hi Jan!

That's already been requested and it is listed in the feature request documentation. Thanks for mention it again. 

Mistika currently only saves stills in dpx because it's supposed to be the best way to deliver images so they contain all the grading information without compression. 

As Yoav mentioned, there are a couple ways you could transform your stills images into jpsg:

- With a Watchfolder, that you may even connect to a mail or a delivery service available in Workflows.

- With render presets in Boutique, and quickly setting the in and out points only covering one frame for the render.

Maybe other users come up with even better ideas to perform this operation. 

Cheers,

Cristóbal 

• Like 1

Hey Yoav & Cristobal, thank you for all options.

The render preset with "i" "o"  is the way to go. ? 

Still I really like a workflow with the least clicks as possible.

Even better if there was a way to map a button of the panel to create a screenshot with a predefined setting to a predefined folder.
Wishful thinking ? 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:05 PM, Cristobal Bolaños said:

That's already been requested and it is listed in the feature request documentation. Thanks for mention it again. 

Love all the effort you guys putting in Mistika, all the progression and new tools is keeping me using this amazing piece of software!

• Like 2