Shape on a OFX

mail18

Is there a fast way to add a mask to OFX, I know I can create a matte and link it to a external key into the OFX node.

I would be super happy if I could instantly use the the Shapes Tab to create a mask on that node and lessen the OFX effect on that spot.
(so I don't have to add extra nodes to the layer stack) This would make my workflow somewhat quicker. 

1036682812_Screenshot2019-10-25at09_42_04.thumb.png.12ac060e95e02398dc37d332e7757b4e.png

I'm afraid that shapes don't interact directly with OFX effects. However, after creating a shape, if you set the options mode in RGBxA, then duplicate the stack without the Effect, put it on top, and then embrace everything with a Comp3D, it will compose both shots putting on top the shape with the modification.  

image.thumb.png.3308e71b722f6c17395a43491194d24f.png

Cheers,
Cristóbal 

• Like 1

Thanks for the solution Cristóbal. Only I would be really great if there was a direct connection.

It would create a faster workflow and keep the timeline cleaner, if this could be integrated in a future release I would be super happy!
Especially if we could use the Logik Matchbook combined with shapes and trackers without building a node stack.( I know I am asking to much ? )

• Like 1