Kandao Obsydian R preset ?

christophehitie

Hi Christophe, The standard aspect ratio for any spherical projection in an equirectangular projection is 2:1 because is the only way to avoid a distortion on the poles when creating the sphere. When you create a new project in Mistika VR you choose the output in 2:1 when selecting the resolution. Once you create the project, just import the cameras and probably clicking on Stitch>Import Kandao calibration you do not need to load a preset. In any of the cases, if you send me a frame of every single camera to support@sgo.es I will create an optimised preset for you :) Best, .ro

Hi Christophe, The standard aspect ratio for any spherical projection in an equirectangular projection is 2:1 because is the only way to avoid a distortion on the poles when creating the sphere. When you create a new project in Mistika VR you choose the output in 2:1 when selecting the resolution. Once you create the project, just import the cameras and probably clicking on Stitch>Import Kandao calibration you do not need to load a preset. In any of the cases, if you send me a frame of every single camera to support@sgo.es I will create an optimised preset for you :) Best, .ro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is the Import Kandao Calibration function only for producing monoscopic stitches?  After applying it I cannot seem to get any stereo output using the anaglyph modes, and stereo exports look mono as well.  
What is the best preset for creating stereo stitches using the Obsidian R in 8k mode?  
Cheers

Hmm it seems that its going to Mono because I am using a Obsidian R preset which you guys made for me a while ago for a mono project perhaps.  Is there a way to switch the preset you made me into a stereo mode?   Because if I use one of the built in presets like Kandao 3800x3000 I do get a stereo output.  Is it ok to use this 3800x3000 preset for my footage which is actually 3420x2700, since it is the same aspect ratio?     

Edited by dev5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.