Trouble with Reference Wipe

jan1

Had a bit of a rough start on my first client project with Mistika, had to go back to Resolve for now. Hoping I can figure this out though.

There seems to be an issue with when the display/output refreshes. I've had a few instances where after loading a clip from the media manager and starting to grade on the panel, the screen wouldn't refresh and reflect any changes until I would step one frame left or right. A tad annoying but manageable.

But then I hit a bigger problem. This particular job (beauty demonstration video) requires a background replacement to a specific Pantone color. So I created a big swatch in Photoshop and saved it, brought it on a separate track above the main timeline and added a wipe so I could see a stripe of the reference color and then key the background and adjust as needed on the main timeline. Except the wipe would constantly disappear. I'd move the monitor mark left/right and the wipe would be there. As soon as I hit the panel's level trackball the wipe disappears and I would have to adjust blindly. I step one frame left/right the wipe comes back. I try to adjust color the wipe disappears. It was impossible to see them side by side while adjusting the color at the same time.

Seems like the playback should more seamless? Could this be related to any performance options in mConfig or something else? 

(Config: Mac, AJA I/O, Tangent Panel, latest build in 8.8.0)

I think I may have sorted it out. It had to do with the val tree and keeping the focus on one layer and the settings on another layer. Once I option clicked on the grade layer I was able to adjust without losing the wipe. The intricacies of a new UI.

• Like 1